Enterprise Risk Management
Welcome to the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) web site for East Carolina University. Our mission is to provide leadership and management experience to better identify and manage the university’s strategic, financial, operational, regulatory compliance, and reputational risks holistically as an enterprise.
ERM at ECU
- Work through the Enterprise Risk Management Committee in a decentralized fashion to accomplish ERM goals. ERMC Charter
- Improve risk measurement to support strategic decision making, risk mitigation efforts, and resource allocation
- Use pre-existing risk identification and internal control processes to the greatest extent possible
- Raise institutional awareness of existing and emerging risks and their relative potential effects on the institution as a whole
- Provide training and relevant information on ERM to enhance the internal controls and risk management mindset of ECU employees, students, and other stakeholders
Got a risk concern, recommendation, or suggestion? Please contact Enterprise Risk Management.
Resources & References