Payment Deadlines & Schedule Cancellation
East Carolina University is required to cancel student schedules for nonpayment if payment in full or satisfactory payment arrangements are not made for each term. Schedule cancellation for nonpayment occurs twice each term; once prior to the start of each term and once shortly after classes begin. If balances are not resolved prior to 5:00 p.m. on each payment deadline, all tuition and fee charges are reversed and the schedule for that term will be cancelled. It is imperative that satisfactory payment arrangements are made to secure classes and prevent schedule cancellation. Student Account payment deadlines can be found under Important Dates on the Tuition & Fees webpage.
Pay online through TouchNet Bill+Payment:
- Students can pay their account online by logging into their Pirate Port account.
- Authorized users can pay on student accounts by logging into the Student Accounts Payment Center for Authorized Users.
Students and authorized users can make payments to student accounts by utilizing the credit card payment option, with a 2.95% convenience fee, or by utilizing the electronic check payment option with no fee. Computers are available in the Cashier’s Office Monday – Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm for student use in making online payments. Cashier’s Office staff are available to help students with any questions they may have.
PLEASE NOTE: the online payment system will not be available after 5:00 p.m. on the schedule cancellation deadline dates.
Pay in person at the Cashier’s Office:
Visit our office at G120 Old Cafeteria Complex on Main Campus to pay by cash, check or PIN- based debit card.
Pay by Mail:
Make checks payable to East Carolina University and mail to:
- Standard Remittance Address (USPS):
ECU TUITION PAYMENTS
PO BOX 603084
CHARLOTTE, NC 28260-3084
- Overnight Remittance Address (UPS, FEDEX ONLY):
ECU TUITION PAYMENTS
LOCKBOX SERVICES REF. 603084
1525 WEST WT HARRIS BLVD – 2C2
CHARLOTTE, NC 28262
- All scholarship checks, third party payments, and letters should be sent directly to the Cashier’s Office Correspondence Address:
ECU Cashier’s Office
G120 Old Cafeteria Complex Mail Stop 230
Greenville, NC 27858-4353
Fax: (252) 328-2413
Payment in full
- Partial payments will not secure schedules
- Your schedule will be secured if you have a zero balance or a credit balance (shows as a negative balance)
Enroll in an ECU Tuition Payment Plan
- Make sure you have received a payment plan enrollment confirmation email
- Plan enrollment must be completed within the enrollment period for each plan and/or prior to 5:00 p.m. on the payment deadline dates
- Any missed installment payments must be made by the payment deadlines to prevent schedule cancellation
- Additional payment plan information can be found on the Tuition Payment Options page
Sufficient MEMO or AUTHORIZED Financial Aid
- The amount of aid must be sufficient to cover the entire account balance to secure a student schedule. If a student has received financial aid, but not enough to cover the entire account balance, please refer to the payment options outlined above to cover the remaining balance
- If an application for Federal Financial Aid has been submitted and has yet to be awarded, please follow up with the Financial Aid Office at 252-737-6610 or by emailing email@example.com. Students can also go to the Financial Aid Office at 2103 Old Cafeteria Complex for assistance. If you have not been awarded financial aid at the time of cancellation, the account balance must be paid in full to secure the student’s schedule
- If financial aid is awarded at a later date, you will be issued a refund based on your eRefund profile. Refunds are mailed as a paper check for students who have not set up an eRefund profile. For more information on the eRefunds process, please visit the TouchNet eRefunds page
- Credit (or negative) account balances mean that your schedule is secure and you are expected to receive a refund once your financial aid has disbursed, this normally occurs on or before the first day of class
- To prevent delays in posting checks to your student account, please include the student’s name and Banner ID number on all payments sent to the Cashier’s Office
- Payments by mail should be postmarked by the postmark date for each term noted in tuition and fees information found on the Important Dates page Payments mailed after the postmark date may not be received in time to avoid a processing fee and/or avoid schedule cancellation
- ECU does not accept credit or debit card payments by telephone, mail or by fax
- More information on payment methods can be found on the Tuition Payment Options page
For each term, the University will assess a $25.00 processing fee for any student that has to re-register after the first cancellation deadline due to not securing satisfactory payment arrangements prior to the deadline. Additionally, any student incurring tuition and fee charges for the first time after the first schedule cancellation deadline with also be assessed a $25.00 processing fee.